Vintage press photo dated from November of ‘53, features the facade of Minneapolis’ famed 'ALVIN Theatre'.. Originally opened as the 'Schubert Theatre' in 1910, it began use as a Burlesque stage in early ‘41..
Pressure from conservative religious groups and continuous vice raids forced management to eventually lease the building to Rev. Russell H. Olson, who transformed the building into the 'Minneapolis Evangelistic Auditorium'.. Religion didn’t fare much better than striptease; and within three years the church moved out, too..